Let’s explore some of the themes we find in the Mass readings for the 2nd Sunday of Lent.
1st Reading – Genesis 12:1-4a
- God sends Abram forth from his kinsfolk to a new land.
- God promises that he will make Abram a blessing, and he will become the father of a great nation.
- “Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you.”
- With hope in his kindness, we wait upon the Lord, who loves justice and right.
2nd Reading – 2nd Timothy 1:8b-10
- We bear our share of hardship for the Gospel with the strength that comes from God.
- God saves and calls us to a holy life, through the appearance of our savior, Christ Jesus.
Gospel – Matthew 17:1-9
- Jesus takes Peter, James and John up a high mountain where he is transfigured in glory.
- The disciples see the Lord conversing with Moses and Elijah.
- From a bright cloud they hear the Father’s voice, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.”
Mass Readings – 2nd Sunday of Lent
Leave a Reply