Here are some of the main themes in the readings for the solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe.
1st Reading – 2nd Samuel 5:1-3
- The tribes of Israel come to Hebron to acknowledge David’s protection and service to the people.
- David made an agreement with them and was anointed king of Israel.
Psalm – 122:1-5
- “Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.”
- Jerusalem is the city of David where people travel to give praise and honor to God.
2nd Reading – Colossians 1:12-20
- We give praise to the Father who delivered us from darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son.
- Christ, the image of the invisible God, is the source of creation and the head of the body, the church.
Gospel – Luke 23:35-43
- From the Cross, Christ is mocked about the sign “This is the king of the Jews.”
- Jesus comforts the good thief, assuring him that “today you will be with me in paradise.”
Mass Readings – The Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe
Leave a Reply