Let’s examine some of the themes in the readings for the 27th Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – Habakkuk 1:2-3; 2:2-4
- The prophet calls upon the Lord for help in the midst of suffering and misery.
- God answers, stating that the fulfillment will come in its proper time.
- One must have faith, the steadfast trust in God’s promises, in order to live.
Psalm – 95:1-2,6-9
- “If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.”
- With enduring faith, we worship and acclaim the Lord our God.
2nd Reading – 2nd Timothy 1:6-8,13-14
- We “stir into flame the gift of God” when we bear hardship for the Gospel.
- The Holy Spirit will help us remain faithful.
Gospel – Luke 17:5-10
- The Lord exhorts the Apostles to have faith like a mustard seed.
- Faith is a normal response to our love for the Lord, and not an excuse for special rewards.
Mass Readings – 27th Sunday of the Year
Leave a Reply