Let’s take a look at some of the main themes from the readings for the Feast of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the King of the Universe.
1st Reading – Daniel 7:13-14
- The Son of Man comes before the Ancient One to receive dominion, glory and kingship.
- His kingship shall not be destroyed, and all peoples, nations and languages serve him.
Psalm – 93:1-2,5
- “The Lord is king; he is robed in majesty.”
- The Lord’s splendor and throne is everlasting; his decrees are worthy of trust.
2nd Reading – Revelation 1:5-8
- Christ, the faithful witness and firstborn of the dead, loves us and has freed us by his blood.
- The Lord, who is the Alpha and the Omega, comes with God’s might amid the clouds.
Gospel – John 18:33b-37
- Pilate questions Jesus to see if he is the King of the Jews.
- Jesus claims his kingship does not belong to this world, but yes! He is a king!
Mass Readings – The Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, the King of the Universe
Leave a Reply