Let’s examine some of the main themes in the readings for the 4th Sunday of Easter.
1st Reading – Acts of the Apostles 2:14a,36-41
- Peter stands with the Eleven Apostles and preaches a message of repentance and baptism to receive the Holy Spirit.
- About 3000 people respond!
Psalm – 23:1-6
- “The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.”
- This well known Psalm has inspired millions of Christians with a promise of God’s grace and strength.
2nd Reading – 1st Peter 2:20b-25
- Following the example of Jesus on the Cross, we receive the grace of God as we patiently endure suffering.
- Having gone astray like sheep, we find our restoration in Christ, who shepherds and guards our souls.
Gospel – John 10:1-10
- Jesus is both the shepherd who knows his sheep and the gate through which they pass into safety.
- The sheep recognize the shepherd’s voice and they follow him so that they may have abundant life.
Mass Readings – 4th Sunday of Easter
Leave a Reply