Let’s explore some of the themes in the readings for the Epiphany of the Lord.
1st Reading – Isaiah 60:1-6
- Jerusalem rises up in the shining light of the Lord’s glory.
- By this light people will come together, praising the Lord.
Psalm – 72:1-2,7-8,10-13
- “Lord, every nation on earth will adore you.”
- God endows the king with justice and right judgment to care for the people.
2nd Reading – Ephesians 3:2-3a,5-6
- The Holy Spirit has revealed to the apostles and prophets that the Gentiles are coheirs of God’s grace.
- As members of the same body, they are copartners in the promise of Christ.
Gospel – Matthew 2:1-12
- The Magi, guided by a star, come to Jerusalem seeking the king of the Jews.
- They go to Bethlehem, where they encounter Jesus and present him with gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Mass Readings – The Epiphany of the Lord
Leave a Reply