Here are some of the themes in the readings for the 33rd Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – Malachi 3:19-20a
- A day comes when evildoers will be like stubble set on fire, and nothing will remain.
- Those who fear the Lord’s name, however, will be arise in the light of the sun.
Psalm – 98:5-9
- “The Lord comes to rule the earth with justice.”
- We praise and sing before the one who rules the earth.
2nd Reading – 2nd Thessalonians 3:7-12
- Paul offers his own example as a model for the Christian community.
- “If anyone was unwilling to work, that one should not eat.”
Gospel – Luke 21:5-19
- Jesus speaks about the destruction of the Temple, as well as signs and plagues among the nations.
- The Lord also says that his followers will be persecuted, exhorting them to persevere.
Mass Readings – 33rd Sunday of the Year
Leave a Reply