Here are some of the themes for the readings for the 32nd Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – 2nd Maccabees 7:1-2,9-14
- Seven brothers and their mother are being tortured in an attempt to force them to eat pork (an unclean meat) in violation of the law of Moses.
- As the fourth brother dies, he professes his hope in the resurrection.
Psalm – 17:1,5-6,8,15
- “Lord, when your glory appears, my joy will be full.”
- We call upon the Lord to protect us and direct our path.
2nd Reading – 2nd Thessalonians 2:16-3:5
- Christ loves us and encourages us to hope through his grace, encouraging us in word and deed.
- God is faithful and will guard us from the evil one.
Gospel – Luke 20:27-38
- The Sadducees attempt to trap Jesus about a question regarding the resurrection.
- The Lord responds with a definitive teaching and a reference to Exodus 3:6.
Mass Readings – 32nd Sunday of the Year
Leave a Reply