Here are some of the main themes for the readings of the 31st Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – Wisdom 11:22-12:2
- The creator is far beyond the capacity and comprehension of the created.
- The creator loves all of creation, seeking its redemption, healing and renewal.
Psalm – 145:1-2,8-11,13-14
- “I will praise your name forever, my king and my God.”
- We join creation in praising the Lord, who is faithful, merciful, compassionate and just.
2nd Reading – 1 Thessalonians 1:11-2:2
- Paul prays that the people remain worthy of their calling and stay faithful.
- When a spirit or oral statement threatens to upset them, they are to remain steadfast and calm.
Gospel – Luke 19:1-10
- Jesus approaches Zaccheus and invites himself to his home.
- Zaccheus stands his ground in the face of opposition, and speaks in a way that reveals the repentance in his heart.
Mass Readings – 31st Sunday of the Year
Leave a Reply