Here are some of the themes that surface in the readings for the 26th Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – Amos 6:1a,4-7
- The prophet admonishes those who waste their wealth on excessive pleasures.
Psalm – 146: 7-10
- “Praise the Lord, my soul!”
- God is the eternal source of all blessings and goodness.
2nd Reading – 1st Timothy 6:11-16
- Timothy is charged to persevere in faith.
- Christ will come again, and we strive to keep his commandment without stain or reproach.
Gospel – Luke 16:19-31
- The reversal of fortune between the rich man and Lazarus happens between this life and the next.
- Christ reminds us that in the Scriptures and his resurrection we have what we need to guide our lives.
Mass Readings – 26th Sunday of the Year
Leave a Reply