Here are some of the themes present in the readings for the 21st Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – Isaiah 66:18-21
- God gathers the people of all nations, and the Lord knows their works and thoughts.
- These people will proclaim God’s glory and gather in Jerusalem.
Psalm – 117:1-2
- “Go out to all the world and tell the Good News.”
- Give praise to the Lord, for his kindness and fidelity endure forever.
2nd Reading – Hebrews 12:5-7,11-13
- Endure your trials and do not disdain the discipline of the Lord.
- For whoever the Lord loves, he disciplines!
Gospel – Luke 13:22-30
- Jesus urges us to strive to enter through the narrow gate of salvation.
- Some people will be turned away, while others will come from all parts of the world.
- “Some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.”
Mass Readings – 21st Sunday of the Year
Leave a Reply