Let’s take a look at some of the key themes in the Mass Readings for the 19th Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – Wisdom 18:6-9
- During the first Passover (in Egypt) the people awaited the salvation of the just.
- Their faith gave them courage in the face of their adversaries.
- “Blessed the people the Lord has chosen to be his own.”
- We rejoice and place our hope in God who has delivered us from death.
2nd Reading – Hebrews 11:1-2,8-19
- “Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen.”
- The example of Abraham’s faith is offered to inspire us as we place our hope in Christ.
Gospel – Luke 12:32-48
- Jesus offers two examples of servants who are prepared and are doing what the master orders.
- “For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.”
- “Be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.”
- “Much will be required of the person entrusted with much, and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more.”
Mass Readings – 19th Sunday of the Year
Leave a Reply