Let’s explore some of the themes that surface in the readings for the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity.
1st Reading – Proverbs 8:22-31
- From the beginning, God’s wisdom was present and prior to all creation.
- God delights in creation, including the human race.
Psalm – 8:4-9
- “O Lord, our God, how wonderful your name in all the earth!”
- God’s awesome creation calls forth wonder and awe from his creatures.
2nd Reading – Romans 5:1-5
- We have peace with God through Jesus Christ, in whom we place our hope.
- We face our trials with the grace and help of the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.
Gospel – John 16:12-15
- Jesus promises his disciples that they will be given the Spirit of truth as their guide.
- The Spirit will affirm all that Jesus has said and taught.
Mass Readings – Most Holy Trinity
Leave a Reply