Here are some of the themes we discover in the readings for the 6th Sunday of Easter.
1st Reading – Acts of the Apostles 15:1-2,22-29
- There is a conflict regarding whether a man must be circumcised to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
- The leaders in Jerusalem determine that circumcision is not required, thus allowing non-Jews to become Christians more easily.
Psalm – 67:2-3,5-6,8
- “O God, let all the nations praise you!”
- The people give praise to God who has pity and blesses them.
2nd Reading – Revelation 21:10-14,22-23
- Jerusalem is revealed as a radiant city polished with precious gems.
- There is no temple in the city, nor sun nor moon; God is the source of its glory and light.
Gospel – John 14:23-29
- The Father and the Son will dwell with those who out of love keep the word of Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit will come upon the disciples, offering them God’s peace.
Mass Readings – 6th Sunday of Easter
Leave a Reply