Here are some of the key themes for the readings for the 4th Sunday of Easter.
1st Reading – Acts of the Apostles 13:14,43-52
- While in Antioch, Paul and Barnabas preach Good News to the Gentiles who are delighted.
- As they quote from the prophet Isaiah, they incur the wrath of the Jews and are expelled.
Psalm – 100:1-3,5
- “We are his people, the sheep of his flock.”
- We rejoice at the kindness and faithfulness of the Lord, who protects us.
2nd Reading – Revelation 7:9,14b-17
- John has a vision of a great multitude who have survived the time of great distress and are before the throne of the Lamb.
- The Lamb will shepherd them, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.
Gospel – John 10:27-30
- Jesus teaches that his sheep hear his voice and follow him for they know him.
- United with the Father, no one can the sheep out of the Lord’s hand.
Mass Readings – 4th Sunday of Easter
Leave a Reply