Here are some of the key themes that surface in the readings for the 3rd Sunday of Easter.
1st Reading – Acts 5:27-32,40b-41
- The Apostles stand before the Sanhedrin, stating that they must obey God rather than men.
- The Apostles rejoice that they were found worthy to suffer dishonor for the sake of the name of Jesus.
Psalm – 30:2,4-6,11-13
- “I will praise you, Lord, for you have rescued me.”
- God offers help in times of testing and trial.
2nd Reading – Revelation 5:11-14
- John sees the heavenly host of angels praising the Lamb of God.
- All present cry out, “Amen!” and worship the Lord.
Gospel – John 21:1-19
- A group of disciples recognize the Risen Lord while fishing.
- Peter responds three times to Jesus’ question, “Do you love me?”