Let’s examine some of the main themes in the readings for Easter Day.
1st Reading – Acts of the Apostles 10:34a,37-43
- Peter proclaims the life, death and resurrection of Jesus to the crowd.
- The disciples are witnesses of Christ and testify on his behalf for the forgiveness of sins.
Psalm 118: 1-2,16-17,22-23
- “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad.”
- We give thanks for the might and glory of God who is merciful to us.
2nd Reading – Colossians 3:1-4
- You have died with Christ, and your life is hidden with God.
- When Christ your life appears, you will appear with him in glory.
2nd Reading – 1st Corinthians 5:6b-8
- We clear out the old yeast of malice and wickedness.
- We make a new batch of dough with the new yeast of sincerity and truth.
Gospel – John 20:1-9
- Mary Magdalen finds the tomb empty and runs to tell Peter and the other disciple.
- Peter and the other disciple run back to the tomb.
- They had not yet understood that Jesus had to rise from the dead.
Leave a Reply