As we journey into the heart of Holy Week, let’s take a look at some of the key themes in our readings for Palm Sunday.
1st Reading – Isaiah 50:4-7
- Called by God, the prophet speaks the truth in the face of oppression.
- God gives strength to face all trials and remain true in faith.
Psalm – 22:8-9,17-20,23-24
- “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?”
- Grab your Bible and read this entire Psalm…then look at the Cross of Jesus Christ!
2nd Reading – Philippians 2:6-11
- Jesus “empties himself” and takes on our human form, even facing death on a cross.
- God glorifies Christ for his saving work, and every knee shall bend as all will acclaim Jesus Christ is Lord!
Gospel – Luke 22:14-23:56
- This is our great love story; Christ dies for us…even in our worst sins.
- Read this passage. Pray and reflect on what the Lord has done.
- If you find it helpful, watch one of the many films which proclaim the Passion of the Lord.