Here are some of the central themes in the readings for the 2nd Sunday of Lent.
1st Reading – Genesis 15:5-12,17-18
- God promises that Abram’s descendants will be as numerous as the stars in the sky.
- God makes a covenant with Abram and grants to his descendants a new land.
Psalm – 27:1,7-9,13-14
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation.”
- We seek the Lord for courage and strength.
2nd Reading – Philippians 3:17-4:1
- Paul invites the people to be imitators of his example, following the Cross of Christ.
- We stand firm in the Lord, as we claim our citizenship in heaven.
Gospel – Luke 9:28b-36
- Jesus takes Peter, James and John up a mountain where he is transfigured in glory.
- A voice proclaims, “This is my chosen Son; listen to him.”
Mass Readings – 2nd Sunday of Lent
Leave a Reply