Here are some of the themes in the readings for the 5th Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – Isaiah 6:1-2a,3-8
- The Seraphim cry out “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts!” as they worship the Lord upon the throne of heaven.
- When asked who will go, the prophet cries out, “Here I am, send me!”
Psalm – 138:1-5,7-8
- “In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.”
- We praise and thank God who responds to us in kindness and truth.
2nd Reading – 1st Corinthians 15:1-11
- Paul hands on to the people what he has received, and he recounts the basic teaching about Jesus.
- Paul recognizes that he also has been called by God to preach the Good News.
Gospel – Luke 5:1-11
- Jesus gets into the boat of Simon and tells him to go back out into the water and lower his nets.
- After they caught a massive amount of fish, Peter tells Jesus to depart. The Lord, however, invites those present to cast off fear and follow him.
Mass Readings – 5th Sunday of the Year
Leave a Reply