Here are some of the main themes in the readings for the 2nd Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – Isaiah 62:1-5
- Jerusalem will no longer be forsaken, but vindicated and recognized by all the nations.
- The Lord will claim Jerusalem for his own and with great rejoicing.
Psalm – 96:1-3,7-10
- “Proclaim his marvelous deeds to all the nations.”
- Glory and praise is given to God with singing, rejoicing and worship.
2nd Reading – 1st Corinthians 12:4-11
- There are a variety of gifts, service and work…but there is one God whose Spirit directs all.
- Paul then lists a number of spiritual gifts, recalling how each person has something unique to offer.
Gospel John 2:1-11
- At a wedding in Cana in Galilee, Jesus performs a miracle by turning water into wine.
- This wine (done at the request of his mother, Mary) is superior to the wine that was served before.
Mass Readings – 2nd Sunday of the Year
January 10th, 2022 at 8:54 pm
Hi Father Andrew!! Flashbacks all the way to your teacher moments here at SFdS! First listen tonight was “jaw cracker names” from 1st Samuel. You even got the accent (Hebrew 🤷🏽♂️) right…incredible.
Next the Mom humor at the Wedding and It was Cabernet Sauvignon, it had to be. 🤣 love ya Father, you make me want to do devotions. 🕊