There are several options for the Feast of the Holy Family. Here are some key points to consider for your preparation for Mass.
1st Reading – Sirach 3:2-7,12-14
- This passage is an exhortation regarding family life and relationships.
- God is the origin of family life, and authentic care within the family gives glory to God.
1st Reading – 1st Samuel 1:20-22,24-28
- Hannah’s birth of Samuel becomes a model for the birth of Jesus in Luke’s Gospel.
- Samuel will grow and become a prophet for the nation.
Psalm – 128:1-5
- “Blessed are those who fear the Lord and walk in his ways.”
- The psalm speaks of blessings within the context of family life.
Psalm – 84:2-3,5-6,9-10
- “Blessed are they who dwell in your house, O Lord.”
- The home becomes a place where God dwells among a family.
2nd Reading – Colossians 3:12-21
- The first part of the passage offers advice regarding how we interact with one another.
- The second part of the passage speaks directly to relationships within the family.
2nd Reading – 1st John 3:1-2,21-24
- We are children of God, configured through our love for Jesus.
- As disciples of the Lord, we now are called to love one another.
Gospel – Luke 2:41-52
- After searching for three days, Joseph and Mary discover Jesus in the Temple among the teachers.
- Jesus, while being obedient to his parents, displays an advanced knowledge and wisdom.
Mass Readings – Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph (with all options)
Leave a Reply