Let’s take a look at some of the key themes in the readings for this 28th Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – Wisdom 7:7-11
- The prayer is for wisdom, preferred and regarded above all other things.
- A life with wisdom is a blessed life.
Psalm – 90:12-17
- “Fill us with your love, O Lord, and we will sing for joy!”
- We put God first in our lives and all other parts of life come into focus.
2nd Reading – Hebrews 4:12-13
- The Word of God is living and effective, discerning reflections and thoughts of the heart.
- All is known to God, and one day we will render an account of our lives.
Gospel – Mark 10:17-30
- A man – faithful to all the commandments – goes away from Jesus sad because he could not give up his possessions.
- While this is hard to do, when we trust in God all things are possible.