Here are some of the main themes that surface in the readings for the 25th Sunday of the Year.
1st Reading – Wisdom 2:12,17-20
- The wicked seek to beset the just one, who reproaches them for their transgressions.
- The wicked will put the just one to the test with revilement and torture.
Psalm – 54:3-8
- “The Lord upholds my life.”
- The Psalmist calls upon God for help in times of great distress.
2nd Reading – James 3:16-4:3
- Wisdom and righteousness come from what is pure and peaceful.
- Wars and conflicts come from the passions within us.
Gospel Mark 9:30-37
- Jesus relates his upcoming death and resurrection to the disciples, and they do not understand it.
- The disciples were arguing on the journey who was the greatest; Jesus teaches that the greatest are those who humbly serve others.
Mass Readings – 25th Sunday of the Year
Leave a Reply