Study: What do the readings say?
Pray: What do the readings say to me?
Serve: What do the readings make me do or say…today?
Let’s take a look at some of the major themes in the Scripture readings for the 6th Week of Easter.
1st Reading – Acts 10:25-26,34-35,44-48
- The Holy Spirit comes upon Cornelius and other Gentiles, and Peter has them all baptized.
- Note: usually the Spirit comes after one is baptized; here it occurs before.
- The earth offers a joyful song of praise for the salvation of God.
- The Lord’s victory is revealed through his kindness, justice and and faithfulness.
2nd Reading – 1 John 4:7-10
- We love one another because love is of God.
- Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love.
- God sent his Son into the world, because God loves us.
Gospel – John 15:9-17
- Our love for God leads us to keep his commandments.
- We have been chosen by God to keep his commandment to love one another and bear (spiritual) fruit that will remain.
Mass Readings – 6th Sunday of Easter
Note: This post was first published on May 3, 2021.
Leave a Reply