The Most Holy Trinity is a central mystery of our faith. Let’s take a look at some of the themes that surface in the readings this week.
1st Reading – Deuteronomy 4:43-34,39-40
- God is the Lord of all creation, and there is no other.
- The people are enjoined to keep God’s commandments.
Psalm – 33:4-5,6,9,18-19,20,22
- “Blessed the people the Lord has chosen to be his own.”
- God is upright, just and right; God’s kindness is witnessed in creation.
- We wait for the Lord, who delivers us from death.
2nd Reading – Romans 4:14-17
- We are children of God by adoption through the Spirit
- We call upon God, “Abba, Father!”
- United with God, we will suffer so that we may be glorified.
Gospel – Matthew 28:16-20
- All power has been given to Christ.
- Christ commands us to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Christ is with us always, until the end of the age.